The Pozar or baths in the City Pozar Pozar is a summer and winter destination for all who want to combine the respite from everyday life and the healing properties of thermal Pozar.The facilities of the small spa town with two spas. The first operated in 1960 and comprises 48 individual baths, 2 indoor pools three dimensions for seven and a half meters and a height of about 12 people with capacity.Two
At a distance of 13km. by Aridea at the Baths, a paradise of natural beauty in the center of which is the Paleontological - Physiographical Almopia and Folk Museum. Founded in 1991 and is unique in Greece with mixed character. Richest are named as A and B, and a spectacular 50-meter platform deep in the bottom of the human skeleton which was of unknown age. An important finding is the spilaiokatafygeio
In the entrance of the the city of Aridaia, next to Town Hall the Museum of Natural History in the building of the old Railway Station.During the First World War was built by Allied troops train known Karatzova (Ntekovil) to assist the movement and supply of the Army.The year 2002 turned into a museum of Natural History. In the halls of exposed fossils found in excavations in Almopia and other areas.
Archaeological Site of Pella built in the Hellenistic years, occupies an area equal to 10 blocks (70,000 m) and the characteristic shape of a very large rectangular square (200.15 x 181.76 m) surrounded by arcades with shops in the background. Here are ceramic, and Waxwork toreftikis and shops where you sell different products.Many of these spaces were filled with goods that their owners could not
The Palace - Archaeological Site of Pella stood on a rocky hill dominating the image of the city. This complex architectural complex, whose total area reaches 60,000 square meters In the center of a rectangle is rather public, building flanked by two peristyle gardens. Two other structures were excavated in the east, the south side of which there is an open portico with Doric colonnade on a high apron.One
It is bicameral Macedonian tomb with barrel-vaulted front four Doric half-columns. Its dimensions are 6.15 m wide and 6.15 m high and 10 meters long. The entrance door bore a stone relief. A second marble at the entrance door of the burial chamber has brought relief Medusa head Coloured and embossed aspidiskes. The tomb is full of ancient graffiti and votive inscriptions of the 1st century BC and the
The Folklore Museum of Edessa housed in a two-storey building of 1932 (donated by the family Sivena) in the district WEIGHT. He began working on the initiative of the Cultural Association "Alexander." It hosts exhibits, pictures and objects from everyday life, culture as well as the manners and customs of the inhabitants of the city and the region.The areas covered relate to rural life, farming, sirotrofeia,
Agios DimitriosOn the hill overlooking the village Xifiani the old church of St. Demetrius, built in 1857 AD with special permission from Turkish authorities. The impressive bell tower and interior decor will impress any visitor.Saint HilarionArriving in the village of fighters and taking the road to the mountain come to the convent of St. Hilarion. The bishop served Ag.Ilarionas Moglenoi (18th century),
In ancient times Edessa was fortified at two levels. In the lower city (Logos) and the Citadel. During the Byzantine period the city declined under the settlement to run over city's current position. After the conquest by the Turks in 1389, the settlement extends outside the walls, creating new districts mostly heathen, while Christians remain in and around the ancient core in three major areas.The
The Clock Tower built by the Ottomans in the center of Giannitsa around 1667-1668. The choice of location was a military criteria and wanted to control the commercial activity that took place across the city throughout the central Macedonia. It is a rectangular building has a height of 25 meters and is built of stone by the first 4 m and then brick.According to the inscriptionit was built by by Ahmed
The Yeni Cami (New Mosque) in Edessa City is the only mosque preserved until now in very good condition. Built in 1904 at the expense of Fechmi Hasan Pasha and was the sixth time a mosque in the city. In 1937 he was declared a protected monument in 1942 and inaugurated the museum. The building is inspired by Byzantine architecture and more specifically the model of Hagia Sophia in Istanbul. Today,
The Mausoleum of Gazi Evrenos located at the junction of two roads, a short distance from the Clock Tower in Giannitsa City. This is the tomb of Gazi Evrenos of Ottoman person who won Giannitsa by the Byzantines, and most of central Macedonia.According to the inscription refers to the burial Evrenos Gazis, built in 1417. From the morphologic data, we conclude that it was disproved in the late 19th
In the area of Pozar is a large complex of 17 caves, a pit 50 meters, and many silaiokatafygia. Formed thousands of years ago, when the water level was at the entrances to the caves before they formed the valley Pozar.Systematic excavations and explorations of caves in Pozar unearthed ample evidence that the indigenous population. There is evidence for the life of man from primitive tools (sharp and
By the late 14th century a large volume of water was accumulated in a lake west of the city. After a geological phenomenon, probably an earthquake, the water passing through the city and poured from the rock, creating numerous rivers. Hidden behind the profuse vegetation remain untapped for some time. In 1942 the Germans first saw the power of tourism and exploitation of the Cascade surroundings, creating
6km. from Edessa at an altitude of 470 meters above sea level lies the lake and the wetland Agra - Islands and Vrytton. This lake of 5,972 acres of supplying water from the source of the river Edesseos. An artificial freshwater lake largely covered by aquatic vegetation, while the north is bordered by steep cliffs. Over 250 different bird species living in the wetland journals.The flora of the lake
Starting from the village of Loutraki Pozar or Pozar and follow the forest road you come to Happy Valley (Dobro-war), located at an altitude of 2000 m. A natural river with many small lakes of unique beauty.