+30 2310870670or at email@example.com
Show on map
Published on 2014-07-04
The Clock Tower built by the Ottomans in the center of Giannitsa around 1667-1668. The choice of location was a military criteria and wanted to control the commercial activity that took place across the city throughout the central Macedonia. It is a rectangular building has a height of 25 meters and is built of stone by the first 4 m and then brick.
According to the inscriptionit was built by by Ahmed Sheriff , a descendant of Gazi Evrenos . Purchased by the City Giannitsa and proposed restoration and conversion into a museum of history of the city of Giannitsa.